ELECTRONIC OB VAN
On October 5, 2017, the then Prime Minister of our country D.A. Medvedev signed Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation N 1212 "On some issues related to the introduction in the Russian Federation of an electronic vehicle passport and an electronic vehicle chassis passport."
In this article, I want to tell you more about electronic vehicle passports.
WHAT IS AN ELECTRONIC OB VAN?
An electronic passport of a vehicle (hereinafter referred to as EPTS) is information about a vehicle and its owner, which is stored electronically in a special database. EPTS contains complete information about the vehicle from the moment of release from the factory (or from the moment of import into the country) until the end of the “life” of this vehicle. EPTS is stored in the database indefinitely.
WHEN DID THE REGISTRATION OF THE EPTS START?
Starting from November 1, 2020, only electronic vehicle passports are issued for all vehicles newly put into circulation on the territory of the Russian Federation (both new and used cars imported from abroad).
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO PAPER PTSS?
Paper PTS will continue to be valid only for vehicles, but which such PTS was issued before November 1, 2020.
Also, at the request of the owner of the vehicle, at any time, instead of a paper title, an electronic title can be issued. Important!!! Simultaneous registration of paper and electronic PTS for one vehicle is not allowed, i.e. upon registration of the EPTS, the paper passport will be canceled.
WHO PREPARES THE EPTS?
- vehicle manufacturing organizations , in relation to new vehicles that are officially sold on the territory of the Russian Federation. This means that if you buy a new car (trailer) from an authorized dealer, then such a vehicle will already have an electronic OB vehicle issued by the manufacturer.
- authorized organizations in relation to vehicles imported from abroad. Also, authorized organizations will issue EPTS in case of damage / loss of a paper PTS, if the space in the PTS has run out (at the request of the owner).
Our organization is engaged in the issuance of electronic passports for the following types of vehicles:
- imported into the common territory of the Customs Union. For such vehicles, a Vehicle Construction Safety Certificate (SBKTS) is issued and an ERA-Glonass device is installed.
- vehicles that were previously registered in the common territory of the Customs Union (in the countries of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan).
- vehicles registered with the traffic police.
- newly manufactured "home-made" vehicles.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL THE EPRT CONTAIN?
Electronic passport status:
The current status speaks for itself. This means that the EPTS is valid, but before buying a used vehicle, you still need to check the information about restrictions on registration actions, pledges, etc. It is possible to purchase a car only if the EPTS status is “valid”.
The statuses "unfinished" and "canceled" are rather technical information for vehicle manufacturers.
The “canceled” status means that the EPRT was canceled for any reason (due to export abroad, in case of detection of signs of forgery, concealment, destruction of the identification number or frame number, in the case of an illegally issued EPRT, etc.).
The scrapped status means that the vehicle has been scrapped.
- for new and imported vehicles into the territory of the Russian Federation, the information specified in Appendix 3 to the Procedure for the functioning of systems for electronic passports for vehicles (electronic passports for chassis of vehicles) and electronic passports for self-propelled vehicles and other types of equipment (hereinafter referred to as the Procedure) is filled in.
- in the case of replacing a paper PTS with an electronic one, information is filled in in an amount not less than that indicated in Appendix No. 1 to the Procedure.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OF AN INFORMATIVE NATURE:
- information about the vehicle owner - an individual, provided on a voluntary basis, is entered into electronic passports in accordance with the Federal Law "On Personal Data" with the consent of this person to the processing of personal data, or
- information about the owner of the vehicle - a legal entity;
- information on the payment of the utilization fee for the vehicle;
- information about the technical inspection of the vehicle (the data is transmitted by the operator of the technical inspection);
- information about restrictions (encumbrances) in relation to the vehicle (data are transmitted by banks, bailiffs, etc.);
- information about vehicle insurance and insured events that occurred when using the vehicle (data are transmitted by the Russian Union of Auto Insurers and (or) insurance organizations);
- information about road accidents;
- if desired, the owner himself can transfer such information as:
a) information about the restrictions imposed by the owner of the vehicle;
b) information about the persons to whom the right to dispose and (or) use the vehicle has been transferred, the conditions and term for the transfer of such powers, the name and details of the document confirming the transfer of such powers (leasing, lease, etc.);
c) other information